#internationalyogaday #suryanamaskar #yoga #sunsalutations #yogalife #yogainspiration #namaste #yogalove #meditation #blissvana
It was around 8 weeks ago that I decided to have a more regular yoga routine rather than my so-called 3-4 times a week sporadic walk/exercise regime. When I started, I was able to do only 3 rounds of surya namaskaras (sun salutations) at a time. My body was not that flexible and I couldn’t manage more than that. But then as I started sticking to my daily time and routine, I started increasing 1 or 2 surya namaskaras every 3-4 days. Now I am easily able to do 12 surya namaskaras every day since last four weeks.
Now I feel restless if I don’t do surya namaskar first thing in the morning after I wake up. I skip my other yogasanas on weekends but not survya namaskaras! Here’s how they have helped me over last 6 weeks:
- Helped me alleviate my aches and pains in shoulders, arms and back – which I typically get after sitting in front of laptop for a long time
- Lost 2 kg weight and a lot of belly fat
- My body has become more flexible
- I get more sound sleep
- I get an immense sense of satisfaction when I stick to my routine and not procrastinate about doing surya namaskar
- I feel more energetic and enthusiastic, full of life, refreshed and rejuvenated
- My day starts on a positive note bringing in more productivity and focus
- I do affirmations for a healthy body while doing yoga (listed below) which help strengthen my mind body connection
Affirmations for a healthy body while doing yoga:
- I love my body.
- I bless my body with love and healing.
- Every cell in my body has divine intelligence.
- My body is a good friend I take loving care of.
- My body has a remarkable healing capacity and it heals by itself.
- My healing is already in progress.
- I feed only nourishing and healthful food to my body.
- I have a strong immune system.
- I accept great health as the natural state of my being.
Do share your experiences, comments and feedback about your daily/weekly exercise routine.